Sunday, March 8, 2009

Light!

Hello Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and now feel a little more connected to where I am! I will definitely be posting more soon!

So, this week has been pretty tough for me. Although we were not as busy, a lot of our work in the villages was very emotionally draining for my teammate and me. I am beginning to experience some of the discouragement that comes with the lostness of this place. The people here are so stuck in their way of life, and it almost seems impossible to break through the barriers. This week we began some discipleship with new believers. We were very encouraged by some of the young women that were eager to learn more. Other women were much harder to reach and almost seemed closed off to the truth. We are learning that breaking down these walls takes time and A LOT of lifting up. Please be lifting that up every day this week. We are asking the Father to open the ladies hearts, and we need discernment to know where to go to teach and disciple.

I am struggling more because my heart is being broken for these people in a deeper way. As I begin to build relationships and meet with women on a regular basis, my heart is softened. I desperately want them to hold on to this free gift! I want their belief to be alive and working in their hearts! I know that it is only by His grace that we are free. Oh, how I want these people to experience that freedom!!

This week we sang a song during our weekly fellowship that encouraged me in such a powerful way. The last verse of the song says....Yes, I can see a light that is coming for a heart that holds on. And there will be an end to these troubles but until that day...still I will praise you! Still I will praise you!! I have been clinging to those words this week as I think about the lives of the people here. Sometimes it is hard to see that light, but everyday He gives me the strength to hold on to Him! I want the people here to have that same hope...that one day there will be an end to all these troubles, and I want them to be praising Him with us!!

I really am learning so much! I am so thankful for your p's and faithfulness in staying connected with me. I really need you to be lifting our team up. I love you all!! I am lifting you up this week!

My Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment